Hello, my name is IVANA
I am a passionate promoter of Slovenia, and among other things, a tour guide at Slovenia Explorer. I like to tackle new things, such as editing this blog.
- I have an unquenchable thirst for all sorts of trivia.
- History and stories are something that I love to learn about and share.
- I have an unexpected slightly-Aussie accent when I speak English.
- I love Marvel comics and graphic novels – my favourite hero is Wolverine.
- I like to spoil my taste buds with exquisite flavours of gourmet as well as fast food cuisine, as long as it is prepared with passion.
- One of my life goals is to move around the globe in order to have perpetual summer.
Hello, my name is GREGOR
editor of photography & chief contributor
After studying in four different countries, living in London and Guatemala, and actively traveling the world for another ten years or so, I came to realise that Slovenia is greatly underrated.
- I have more books than I can accommodate. And I read almost half of them.
- I have published two travel books and numerous articles.
- At some point my photo equipment was worth six times as much as my car. They weighed about the same, or at least it felt like it.
- I love comics and graphic novels – my favourite hero is Catwoman.
- There are more than 300 castles in Slovenia, and my ancestors owned two of them. I can find most of the rest of them.
- I have drunk beer in more than 50 countries (well, I really should count them at some point, but I know I didn't have any in Iran or Libya).
Hello, my name is SANDRA
language & style consultant, blogger
I was once a foreigner in Slovenia, and was able to discover the country’s many beauties, often with the help of Slovenia Explorer. Helping with this blog is my way of saying thanks.
- I’m half Slovene, but my other half loves Slovenia as well.
- I am fluent in more than four languages and I’m not afraid to flaunt it.
- I read a lot, and often more than one book at a time.
- I too love comic books and graphic novels - my favourite hero is John Constantine.
- I’m normally a well adapted, sociable adult, but with enough free time and nothing better to do I will spend unhealthy amounts of time playing video games.
- My sense of orientation is terrible; I once got lost after getting directions to “just walk in a straight line.”
If you want to get in touch:
Hello, my name is TINE
- I love the outdoors. I'll take a scenic walk over a church or a museum anytime.
- I once had the aspiration of becoming a professional basketball player, but something went terribly wrong. I hear it builds character.
- I like being well-organised, but I tend to overthink and stress about everything. Luckily, I am also pretty good at covering it up.
- I listen to rock music from the 60s, 70s and 80s, I am afraid of smartphones and I think reading an e-book is "just not the same".
- My biggest vice is procrastination. I can be incredibly unproductive in my spare time and I hate myself for it.
- I don't like writing about myself. It makes me feel I have nothing to say and it stresses me out. Beer, on the other hand, calms me down. Cheers!
If you want to get in touch: